In the end it's all nice

terça-feira, maio 22, 2007

La-di-da

"There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly. The... the other important joke, for me, is one that's usually attributed to Groucho Marx; but, I think it appears originally in Freud's "Wit and Its Relation to the Unconscious," and it goes like this - I'm paraphrasing - um, "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member." That's the key joke of my adult life, in terms of my relationships with women."

Alvy Singer

2 Comments:

Blogger extravaganza said...

É por isto que nunca poderíamos casar. Metia-te logo as malas à porta quando te pusesses a ver filmes idiotas americanos... Ainda por cima o Annie Hall, do palerma que tem tanta mania que só pode ter uma pila do tamanho dum amendoim....

(sorry, nada pessoal só estou um cadinho mal disposta hoje...)

11:52 da manhã, maio 22, 2007

 
Blogger Mr. Brightside said...

O Woody legisla...

5:05 da tarde, maio 22, 2007

 

Enviar um comentário

<< Home

 
online